Treat yourself or a loved one with these gorgeous heart shaped bath gems. Made from relaxing bath salts, these little gems are perfect for throwing into your tub to create the perfect, relaxing bath experience.
1. Weigh out your dry ingredients. If your dead sea salt has large granules ground them in a mortar and pestle to a more finer salt.
2. Sift your baking soda into your bowl, then add your epsom salts and dead sea salt. Mix well. Add your mica to the desired shade and mix thoroughly to incorporate the colour evenly.
3. Add in your sweet almond oil, fragrance and polysorbate 80. Mix well
4. Add 1tsp distilled water to your mix and work thoroughly making sure all of your mixture is well combined. Mix should be damp like sand.
5. Spoon your salts over your heart mould and push down into the cavities. Use your fingers to push the salt mix into the cavities and compacting it as much as you can. The more you can 'squash' it down the better your gems will turn out.
6. Allow your gems to dry in the mould for a couple of hours then turn out onto the baking sheet. Push carefully on the back of each heart shape to push the salt heart out. Let dry overnight.