100g Castile Liquid Soap or other liquid soap base
True Red Cosmetic Grade Mica (approx 5g)
- Weigh out 400g of Body Scrub Base and place into a heat proof mixing bowl.
- Warm gently using a double boiler or microwave and mix with a metal spoon. The base should be softened, not melted.
- Add 100g of Castile Soap to the Body Scrub base and add this to the soap base. Mix gently to combine the two bases.
- Remove from heat and add 500g of Espom salt. Whip the product gently with a hand mixer and gradually increase the speed of the mixer. Continue to do so for approx. 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add Mica in very small amounts until a watermelon pink colour is observed
- Add 5g of fragrance and 1g peppermint essential oil and mix thoroughly. You may want to adjust the amounts of fragrance added to suit personal taste.
- Spoon into containers before the scrub has cooled entirely and enjoy.